The following are the steps to be taken in obtaining UTME 2017/2018 form and registering:
Please note that: No candidate should register at any center other than the accredited CBT center and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centers will be identified and disqualified.
Sales of form and registration for the 2017 UTME examination started on Monday 20th March and will end on Wednesday 19th of April 2017 while the registration closes on Saturday 22nd April 2017.
Direct entry application will start on Sunday 23rd April 2017
Steps in Registering 2017 UTME
- You must have a functional email address as a candidate, and a mobile phone number.
- JAMB says you must use this email address, and no two candidates can use a single email address as the system would reject at the point of registration any already used e0mail address.
- You must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB portal: org.ng. Name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile.
- You must do your Payment for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text at the banks and NIPOST. And JAMB says banks have agreed to make these services available at CBT centers and JAMB State Offices.
- After doing the above, you should then visit any accredited CBT center (the list of accredited CBT centers are on our websitee. jamb.gov.ng) with your personal details, the profile, and evidence of payment.
- At the CBT center or JAMB State Office, you’ll be given, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing the following:
- a) e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programmes of study.
- b) Syllabus (e-syllabus) for the examination.
- c) Step by step guide on completing the application form.
- d) A video messages from the Registrar of JAMB and
(e) a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without a mouse.(For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
- You’re to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualifications, etc.
- As a candidate, your ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded at the CBT center
- You’re to provide O/L and/or A/L grades. Candidates who are awaiting result should supply the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S portal. No recommendations from any Institute will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the portal of JAMB.
- You’re to collect your e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
Please note that there will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centers have been empowered for real life online registration. No candidate should register at any center other than the accredited CBT center and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centers will be identified and disqualified.
Choice of institutions
Candidates are to note that their 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, NDA (Nigerian Defense Academy) or Nigeria Police Academy, On the 2017 registration platform,
Date and venue for the 2017 UTME
The 2017 UTME will commence on 6th May and end on 20th May 2017 (excluding May 12, 2017, because of Candidates sitting for WAEC’s Further Mathematics examination). The venue of the examination will be at any center in the candidate’s chosen examination town.
The registration fee for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000) only. Candidates are also, as usual, to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the reading text- ‘In Dependence’ for UTME candidates and ‘‘The Last Days at Forcados High School’‘ for Direct Entry Candidates. Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased are tied to individual profile and are not transferable. Candidates are advised to keep as confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses, and E-Pins.
Candidates are not allowed to pay for mock registration if they haven’t been assigned a jamb center. Notifications will be received by candidates, as at when to register for mock examination at an affordable price o #700.00.
The followings steps are to be followed when registering for jambObtain a pin code worth N5,500.00 at union bank or other SPECIFIED bank.
- Take the pin code 2 an accredited center for proper registration (refer to the list of accredited centers above).
- All candidates must open a profile with jamb, and fill in your details appropriately.
- All candidate must have an existing E-mail account.
- All candidates are to pay #700.00 for the registration fee.
- All candidates must be issued a printout containing his/her details, examination number, and the date to reprint your slip to confirm your examination date. Which will be sent to your E-mail Account.
- Candidates must not pay for mock exams until you are been assigned a date for your examination.
More information from JAMB here
Funmilola Bolaji is a Researcher, Writer and a trained Educationist; she’s the editor of Campusbiz Journal. You may want to reach her via email@example.com for Campusbiz Journal related inquiries only.