Students are probably the busiest people in the world. They have to penetrate inconceivable amounts of information every day, combine their study with work, and make some time for a productive recreation (otherwise, they just drop dead). Millions of students find new tips for better study, and the most efficient are scientifically approved ones. Numerous of the neurobiological researches on training and education showed incredible results. Check out the tips that will help you study faster and memorize more information. Provided by successful ex-students from bridesbay.com.
Treat yourself right
Our health determines the success in everything we do, including education. In order to keep your brain focused, follow these rules:
- Move! The brain activity is directly related to our physical activity. Exercises boost blood circulation and provide our organisms with necessary neurotransmitters. All you need before preparing for an exam is a half an hour aerobics or jogging in the fresh air.
- Be in a mood. Positive spirits are required not only for a leisure time but also for your studies. The best way to beat stress is listening to your favorite music. Forget about ballads and tearful songs; turn on something energizing! Moreover, you can replace exercising with dancing for a better effect.
- Watch your nutrition. You are what you eat, as well as your academic results. Fast-food and other junk you stuff your body with doesn’t bring your body any nutrients and vital substances. In the time of active studying, it is recommended to consume brain-boosting products with omega-3 fatty acids. They are sea fish and seafood, seaweed, walnuts, olive and linseed oil, spinach, and edible seeds. Moreover, such diet reduces anxiety and stress.
- Have a good sleep. Sleeping less in order to learn more is a losing strategy. Sleeping disorders are the main reason for memory impairments and distraction. Finally, if your body doesn’t get enough energy before an exam, you will be like a sloth the next morning.
It is not enough to keep your body fit and look after health to study efficiently. Precisely the way you learn determines how much information you will keep in your memory and for how long. Many students and other people who learn something new for a better performance at work fail when they try to learn as much as possible immediately. Let us correct these mistakes.
- Make a plan. Of course, it’s better to start studying in advance. Think ahead about what and when you’re going to study. Divide the necessary information into blocks. Plan time for each of these blocks and make your best to follow this schedule. Also, make a plan in the way that allows you to switch between few topics during the day. So, this is a study plan that helps you systematize knowledge.
- Change places. Sometimes, it is hard for a student to switch surroundings, but it is better to do before an important exam. Try to study the same material in different places. This is a tip for stimulating your brain because it helps it make new associations.
- Take a break. Our brain gets tired faster when we memorize something. Obviously, it needs a regular rest. After learning a certain block, have a 30-minutes break and make it healthy: go out, have a stroll, make some exercise or discuss the material with your mate.
- Write. Reading is good, reading out loud is even better because you activate visual and auditory memory. What is the best for memorizing is writing out the most important information that usually is hard to remember: formulas, dates, terms.
5. Recap before sleeping. In a sleep, the brain sorts all information and forms short-term and long-term memory. So get through your notes just before you go to bed.
Funmilola Bolaji is a researcher and writer, a National Certificate of Education (NCE) holder with other Certificate training; she writes for several blogs including campusbiz. You might want to reach her through email@example.com for campusbiz.com.ng related inquiries.